Olivier works with the Firm’s clients on all aspects of French and European Competition law (agreements, abuse of a dominant position, merger control, State aid), as well as on the legal challenges in distribution and consumer law.
- Graduate of the Institute for Political Studies in Paris (European Community)
- Masters degree in general Private Law – University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas
& the rest
- Langues : English, Italian
- Master of Conferences at the Institute of Political Studies in Paris
- Lectures on the International MBA of the IAE at the University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne
- Member of the Association of Lawyer Practitioners in Competition Law
Legal 500 – édition 2021 : « Practice Head » in EU, Competition and Distribution – TIER 4 : « Joffe & Associés is a strong merger control practice, able to advise on cross-border matters, particularly for private equity firms. The team has handled abuse of dominance and cartel investigations and related litigation, as well as distribution matters. In recent years it has been increasingly involved in follow-on damages claims. Practice head Olivier Cavézian is experienced in acting for major domestic and international clients. »
Chambers 2018 (band 4) : Olivier Cavézian of Joffe & Associés is a noted figure in the French competition scene. He boasts a broad competition practice and also advises clients on distribution and consumer protection. One commentator reports that he did “a very good job in merger notifications.” He has a number of clients from the financial and retail sectors.